Olga María Alegre de la Rosa y Luis Miguel Villar Angulo
First, this study aimed at evaluating the health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and socio-demographic characteristics of children with cochlear implants (CIs) and hearing aids (HAs) from the 2 provinces of the Canary Islands (Spain) on the Kid-KINDLR_children_7–13. The second goal was to analyze parental background factors and the perspectives of their children with CIs and HAs on Kid_Kiddo-KINDLR_Parents_ 7–17. Finally, the third objective was to explore agreement between children’s self-reports and their parents’ reports concerning HRQoL.
The data consisted of 89 children with CIs and 63 children with HAs and their 89 parents, respectively. The socio-demographic characteristics of children and parental background factors included demographic and audiological variables. Student’s t-test, one-way ANOVA, post hoc analysis and 4 concordance correlation coefficients (CCC) were used to address the 3 aims.
Children with CIs exhibited a perception of better HRQoL in comparison with children with HAs. Among other differences, children with CIs and HAs and their parents were significantly distinct in Setting (i.e., provinces of Tenerife and Gran Canaria) (t = 2.921, p < 0.010). Moreover, parents were significantly different in some background factors (i.e., age, socioeconomic status, and learning). While Cohen’s Kappa values for most dimensions were too small, the ICC and Student’s t-test expressed only concordance in the overall HRQoL and Physical well-being.
Children with CIs and their parents demostrated a perception of better HRQoL than children with HAs and their parents. Overall, children’s self-ratings of HRQoL differed from their parents’ reports.
- Teachers’ and hearing and speech specialists’ attitudes towards and knowledge of sustainable inclusive education for students using hearing devices
- Máster internacional de diversidad educativa e inclusión social
- Research on University Teaching and Faculty Development: International Perspectives
- Espejo reflexivo del conocimiento
- STUDENT SUCCESS, SELF-EFFICACY, DEGREE COMPLETION, DROPOUT, ATTAINMENT, AND SWOT ANALYSIS FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA QUALITY SYSTEM
- Boicotear a Hewlett Packard, no a la Academia Israelita
- Haz clic para compartir en Twitter (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Facebook (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Pocket (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Pinterest (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Tumblr (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Telegram (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para imprimir (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Reddit (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en Skype (Se abre en una ventana nueva)
- Haz clic para compartir en WhatsApp (Se abre en una ventana nueva)